Benefits of Supervisor Certification:
- Recognition by ICEEFT of supervisory status
- Eligible to be designated as an EFT Supervisor on the ICEEFT Directory, upon completion of requirements and membership in ICEEFT, and on the ICEEFT.com web site for referrals by the Institute and agencies in your area
- Ability to supervise other therapists who are working on becoming a Certified EFT therapist
- Certification by ICEEFT as an EFT Therapist for one year (exceptions may be made for experienced supervisors or area need).
- 10 hours of mentorship between two Certified EFT Supervisors / Trainers.
- Completion of a course on supervision for counselling / psychotherapy. If not available in your area, options can be discussed with an ICEEFT representative.
- Four years of clinical experience with individuals, couples / families.
- Supervision of a minimum of three trainee EFT Therapists.
- Submission of a written description of your experience in supervision:
a) how many people you have supervised;
b) number of cases you have supervised;
c) a written description (approximately 1000 words) of how you believe your supervision fits with EFT principles of supervision (give specific examples to support this perspective).
- Submission of two half-hour videos demonstrating supervision of two different therapists on a flash drive or in standard DVD or CD format. These recordings need to be of individual supervision (which could involve two therapists) and not group supervision or voice over supervision recordings. One of the tapes submitted needs to include supervisor and therapist review of taped session material.
- Submission of two reference letters from mentors of supervision.
- An annual Supervisor fee of $100 is payable to ICEEFT annually. The fee is waived for Supervisors during their first year.
When ready to submit application please send to ICEEFT via upload to Hightail
Anyone planning to apply to be a Certified EFT Supervisor, must complete and send the linked form along with submission of the fee to ICEEFT as a prelude to beginning to supervise therapists as a Supervisor Candidate and understands that this process and Supervisor Candidacy period needs to be complete within two years.
Fee for review and administration is $600.00. Payable by Visa/Mastercard, please download form
Please note that all application materials will be deleted immediately after being reviewed by ICEEFT.
To receive important official ICEEFT communications for supervisors-in-training, please take the following steps:
- Go to members.iceeft.com and log in
- Click on “My Account -> Profile”
- Click “Edit”
- Check box next to “Supervisor-in-Training” and then click on “Save Changes”.
The Key Principles of EFT Clinical Supervision are:
- A positive working alliance between the supervisor and supervisee is fostered because safety enhances learning.
- Modeling is available: the supervisor actively demonstrates EFT interventions (e.g., demonstrates attachment language and non-verbal behaviours of EFT).
- Observation of therapy sessions occurs or transcripts are examined. Role plays with feedback give opportunity for rehearsal.
- Feedback to supervisee is clear, focused, supportive, and congruent with supervisee’s stage of learning.
- Specific elements are pointed out for the supervisee to improve or work on.
- Written theory and techniques of the EFT model are referred to and taught in relation to practice (e.g., steps, stages, interventions, experiential and non-pathologizing approach).
These principles were formulated with the help of Lisa Palmer-Olsen and the work of Dr. Eugene Mead.