Benefits of Certification:
A Certified EFT Therapist can be listed on the ICEEFT Directory, upon completion of requirements and maintaining ICEEFT membership.
Requirements for Certification:
- An ICEEFT endorsed EFT Externshipled by a Certified EFT Trainer: 28-30 hours over 4 days.
- Core Skills Training led by a Certified EFT Trainer, 48 hours over four 2-day workshops, focusing on EFCT and EFIT with examples from EFFT. If five is offered, the fifth is an optional 2-day workshop
- Individual supervision by a Certified EFT Supervisor, Trainer or approved Supervisor Candidate, 8 hours. (Individual supervision may be with two people.) Also, four of these eight hours may be in a group supervision setting as long as the supervisee is presenting their own work with the undivided attention of the supervisor. Supervision can be face-to-face or long distance. ICEEFT requires that every effort be made to protect confidentiality of the client. Any web-based sharing of information or encryption of sessions must be done in accordance with the standard of the professional college of the supervisor. ICEEFT is not responsible for supervisor’s actions in this regard.
Note: Therapists that are in isolated geographical areas that are unable to secure Core Skills Training need to write a letter to the ICEEFT Board requesting individual training plan.
Please review the Certification Application Requirements Checklist prior to submitting your application.
The fee for review and administration is $600.00. The fee is payable by Visa/Mastercard (please download form )
Please send the following to ICEEFT via upload to Hightail:
- A cover letter
- A summary of previous clinical training and experience, including the number of cases treated, the clinical setting, and the type of supervision.
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three letters of references from professional colleagues
- A letter of reference from current EFT Supervisor
- Copies of all relevant documents from the list of pre-requisites noted above.
- Documentation/evidence of completion of the requirements, equivalents and supervision.