Benefits of Certification:
A Certified EFT Therapist can be listed on the ICEEFT Directory, upon completion of requirements and maintaining ICEEFT membership.
Requirements for Certification:
- An ICEEFT endorsed EFT Externship led by a Certified EFT Trainer: 28-30 hours over 4 days.
- Core Skills Training led by a certified EFT Trainer, 48 hours over four 2-day workshops. If five is offered, the fifth is an optional 2-day workshop
- Individual supervision by a Certified EFT Supervisor, Trainer or approved Supervisor Candidate, 8 hours. Individual supervision may be with two people. Also, four of these eight hours may be in a group supervision setting as long as the supervisee is presenting their own work, with the undivided attention of the supervisor. Supervision may be face to face or long distance. ICEEFT requires that every effort be made to protect confidentiality of the client. Any web based sharing of information or encryption of sessions must be done in accordance with the standard of the professional college of the supervisor. ICEEFT is not responsible for supervisor’s actions in this regard.
Note: Therapists that are in isolated geographical areas that are unable to secure Core Skills Training need to write a letter to the ICEEFT Board requesting individual training plan.
Please review the Certification Application Requirements Checklist prior to submitting your application.
The fee for review and administration is $600.00. The fee is payable by Visa/Mastercard (please download form ) or by Cheque.
Please send the following to ICEEFT:
- A cover letter
- A summary of previous clinical training and experience – including: the number of cases treated, the clinical setting, and the type of supervision.
- A current C.V.
- Three letters of references from professional colleagues
- A letter of reference from your current EFT Supervisor
- Copies of all relevant documents from the list of pre-requisites noted above.
- Documented evidence of completion of the requirements.
- A case review as described below:
A detailed case presentation, that will be reviewed by a Certified EFT Trainer from ICEEFT. This case presentation must include a 3 page conceptualization, plus two videotapes of two entire sessions (exceptions for submissions for audiotape can be made with a written request to the ICEEFT Board from an EFT supervisor or trainer on behalf of an individual therapist). The 20 minute video segment from Stage 1 process with a distressed couple and a 20 minute video segment from Stage 2 process with a distressed couple. Transcripts of all segments must be included. If more than one couple is presented, a case presentation is required for each couple.