Hold Me Tight® Workshop ~ Nevada, USA
December 10 - December 11
Presented by Elizabeth Polinsky, LCSW, LMFT
12/10/2022 to 12/11/2022
Does this sound familiar?
You want to feel fulfilled in your marriage again, but instead you feel:
Stressed from always being “”on”” and caring for others
– Like there is no time for you and your spouse, especially given work and kids’ schedules
– Misunderstood when your try to voice your concerns
– Worried that things never get resolved and your needs won’t get met
– And you just plain miss your spouse and are afraid the distance will keep growing
Communication doesn’t have to be this hard. And you don’t have to feel so lonely in your marriage.
Hi, I’m Liz, and I can help!
I provide 2-Day Couple Communication Workshops using the Hold Me Tight® Program to help couples understand each other better, communicate more clearly, and feel more emotionally close. Couples walk away from these workshops knowing where and how things go wrong in their communication, knowing how to fix it, and having learned the tools needed to reconnect and feel like the relationship is a priority again.
How The Process Works:
1. Register for the workshop.
2. Join me for the 2-Day Workshop. Together we’ll develop skills to improve your relationship and feel like a team again.
3. Communicate better and fight less so you can enjoy each other more.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) What will the workshop be like?
In the workshop, videotaped sessions of couples working through the process will be shown. Liz will also provide information and instruction on the communication skills that will be learned in the workshop. She will also help facilitate group discussions around lessons learned from the materials. Couples will break off to privately complete practice exercises that will help to create new communication patterns that lead to more understanding and closeness. During the practice exercises, Liz will be available to assist couples if needed.
As part of the workshop, each couple will receive a copy of the Hold Me Tight® book, along with a workbook with information and exercises to guide practice in the workshop and at home.
There will be snacks and coffee provided throughout the day.
2) Is this right for me?
This workshop may be right for you if you:
– Find yourself trying to improve your relationship but the things you tried haven’t worked
– Have a schedule that doesn’t allow for weekly couples counseling
– Just want a relationship tune-up to take a preventative approach to your relationship
This workshop is not appropriate for everyone. This workshop would not be helpful or appropriate if any of the following apply to your relationship:
– Those with active harmful addictive behaviors: i.e., alcohol, drugs, including, pot or prescription rx, pornography, or sex or love addictions.
– Those with active affairs.
– Those with a repetitive pattern of domestic violence.
3) What are the dates, times, and location of the workshop:
– Dates: Saturday, December 10th – Sunday, December 11th, 2022.
– Time: 8 AM – 5 PM on both days. (Lunch will be on your own from 12 – 1 PM ).
– Address: The Old Post Office at 90 N. Maine St. Fallon, Nevada 89406.
4) What is the fee to attend the workshop?
– Early Bird Registration is $500 up to November 15th, 2022.
– Regular Registration is $625 after November 15th.
– Registration will close on December 2nd at 12 PM PST (midnight).
– Space is limited to 8 couples!
5) What if I need to cancel?
The workshop is limited to 8 couples, so if you register and then are unable to attend, your slot may not be able to be filled by another couple. Because of this, all ticket sales are non-refundable. However, you may transfer your ticket to someone else for the same workshop.
To transfer your ticket, email email@example.com with the names of the new workshop attendees who will be taking your place. Payment for the event will take place between you and the couple you are transferring your registration to. Elizabeth Polinsky will not be involved in the process of registration transfer except to be notified of the names of the participants attending.
6) What are your qualifications to provide a workshop like this?
Elizabeth “”Liz”” Polinsky is a licensed marriage counselor and is certified in Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT)–the type of therapy this workshop is based on. Through her Ph.D. coursework in couple therapy, and her training to become an EFT marriage counselor, she has developed a deep understanding of the concepts covered in this workshop. She also has over 10 years of experience leading workshops and group programming of various kinds. It is important to know that while Liz is a therapist, this workshop is for educational purposes only and is not considered therapy. The workshop is also not a replacement for therapy–please see the disclaimer and release below for more information. If you want to learn more about Liz, you can do so at www.ElizabethPoliinskyCounselling.com
7) But Liz, I still have more questions…
If you have any questions, please contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE
The Hold Me Tight®: Conversations for Connection Program is an educational resource for couples interested in enhancing the quality of their relationship. This program is not intended to be a substitute for individual couples therapy with a trained professional therapist. If you, your partner or a family member are experiencing significant relationship distress, serious depression or mental health problems, we urge you to seek professional treatment immediately and consider using this program only with the help of a trained mental health professional.
Release: (All participants will be expected to sign a waiver at the workshop that contains the terms below.)
By signing up for this event you are agreeing that you understand this group program is designed to assist you in understanding your relationship and provides guidelines for enhancing the quality of your relationship. You understand that you are fully and solely responsible for the results and decisions you make regarding your use of the content of this program. By signing up for this event, you are agreeing to release the facilitator, the program developer and all related institutions and organizations from any and all responsibility or promise and you accept full responsibility for any change or decision now or ever made regarding your involvement in this program and use of any related materials. You also understand that this is an educational program, not couple therapy and that the facilitator may not be trained in Emotionally Focused Therapy or any other therapy model and is not acting as a professional counselor.